Wednesday, June 8, 2011

food.

so...cancun?

my body is so not ready for this, but I'll be heading there July 30th for a week.

in preparation (& after reading "skinny bitch") I've decided to do a detox & alter my eating habits a bit. it's so hard to stay on super restrictive diets, so I'm going to make it pretty relaxed, just "better choices" and use more portion control.

first: my detox is one my doctor, who practices integrative medicine, suggested to me last spring.
it goes like this:
2 days completely raw, fruits, veggies, & nuts.
3 days of "the master cleanse" diet if you're not sure what that is, google it, but it's basically drinking only lemonade & using salt water to flush your system.
2 days of raw again to ease out.

second: my doctor also suggested cutting out gluten & milk last spring. that is nearly impossible, so I've decided to cut out dairy, refined sugar & refined carbs except for 1 day a week. I'll still eat gluten (wheat products) in moderation, but only whole grains. I'll also eat vegetarian as much as possible, but I do that normally any way.

I normally wouldnt document this kinda stuff on my blog but one of the tips is to share what youre doing, because it makes you somewhat accountable, and you never know who you could inspire!

I've also been trying to do some physical activity, and found a pretty relaxed schedule, ive been basically sedimentary for the last 5 months on medicine, so I needed to start slowly, it only requires 4 days a week & about 40 mins per exercise.
day 1: run or walk for 1 mile
day 3: run or walk vigorously for 30 mins, as far as you can go
day 5: bike on a real or stationary bike for 45 mins
day 6: do speed intervals, run as fast as you can for 400m, 200m, and 100m. do this twice

easy right?

I'll update with my progress regularly...so far I'm on day 2 of the lemonade & have lost 3.5 lbs since I started the detox! the weight loss really isn't the major benefit of the cleanse though, it feels so good to get your stomach empty, and reset your eating habits.

WISH ME LUCK!!

No comments: