Sunday, June 12, 2011

saturday.

food log for saturday:

breakfast: orange juice (8 oz) and 5 strawberries
lunch: about a cup of steamed broccoli with fresh lemon juice & pepper
dinner: (my first non raw!!) a veggie burrito from mountain west burrito which includes:
appx. 1/2 cup brown rice
appx. 1/2 cup black beans
a few tbsp pico de gallo
a few tbsp of vegan sour cream (remember no dairy)
a whole wheat tortilla
all of mountain west burritos ingredients are organic & locally grown (even down to the suckers they give miles) so I feel pretty good eating there, and will be going often I'm sure.
snacks: a couple grapes & pistachios

all and all, I was full all day & never felt hungry. I guess that it's all about finding filling foods that are low in calories & eating as much as you want. plus LOTS of water, if you're drinking 64 oz of water a day, it's nearly impossible to feel hungry.

now that I'm not trying to do only fruits & veggies, my calorie intake will most likely go up, but I'm hoping to still stick to fresh foods a lot.

No comments: